tp-lINK EXTENDER setup
Tp link extender login & setup is one of the easiest tasks even in case of a new Tp link user. For the Tp link extender setup & login process, make sure you have a computer or tablet, existing wifi router which is paired with your modem already, and credentials of your home wifi. Make sure you have credentials of your home wifi network such as Network Key and SSID (Network Name) on note. On this page, you will learn how to process with Tp Link extender login & setup. This page is a complete Tp Link support page that helps you to perform different tasks on your TP link extender setup.
Tp link Extender Setup (Tl-Wa8550RE)
Are you looking for instructions to setup, install and login Tp link extender TL-WA850RE. You can read the instructions given on this page and perform different tasks on your own. We recommend you do not proceed further if unable to setup or install settings of Tplink repeater, either manually or using tplinkrepater.net login. You come across some sort of technical issues with your TpLink range extender. In that scenario, make sure you contact a Tp-Link TL-WA850RE expert for assistance. A technical expert can resolve all your technical issues that you have come across while attempting to access or control features on your Tp Link wifi extender login or TPlink repeater.
Tp Link extender Setup - Unboxing Package
Tp Link wifi extender
Manual Guide book
Tp Link extender login & setup - Complete guide
- Plug in the extender near to the router maybe within 10 ft.
- Connect your computer wireless to the extender’s Wi-Fi network. (once connected it will tell you no internet open)
- Pull up a browser and at the top on the address bar type in 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.1.254 and hit Enter
- You will see a login screen (Default username: admin and Password: admin) click on login.
- You will get directed to the dashboard for Tp link extender Setup wizard
- Choose your existing router’s Wi-Fi network and enter the password for the existing network and hit Next
- Customise the extender Wi-Fi name maybe u can add _EXT. (For example : if existing Wi-Fi name is abc then make it abc_EXT)
- First of all, go to your existing wifi router and look for the WPS button on its frame.
- Once you locate the WPS button on the frame of your existing wifi router, press and hold the WPS button on the router for 3 – 4 Seconds
- Now you need to go to your Tp Link wifi extender and locate the WPS button on its frame.
- Once you locate the WPS button on your Tp Link wifi extender, press and hold the WPS button on the extender for 3- 4 seconds
- Wait until the light on the Tp Link wifi extender extender stops flashing and turns solid.
- Once the lights on your Tp Link wifi extender stop flashing, it means your Tp Link wifi extender has paired to the wifi router successfully.
Tp Link Wifi extender firmware update
Why Tp link extender Firmware update need ?? Let us tell you one really amazing thing – Tp link allows users to enhance their device’s performance with the help of firmware. A firmware is a program which is embedded inside your Tp Link wifi extender and processes all the functions. All the features and functions of your Tp Link wifi extender are controlled and organized by firmware. It is very important to update the firmware of your device as it can enhance your device’s performance and fix bugs, if there are any. Follow the instructions to update the firmware of your device.
Tp link extender firmware update:
- Pull up a web browser, may be Google Chrome, and enter the web address tplinkrepeater.net into the address bar. Click Go after this.
- You will land on the tplinkrepeater.net Tp Link login page which will prompt you to enter username and password.
- Look at the wireless card given at the back of your device to learn username and password.
- Enter the username and password into the respective fields and hit Enter.
- You will see the Tplinkrepeater.net homepage on your screen.
- Go to the System Tools and then navigate to the Firmware Update page.
- Select the firmware file that is to be uploaded and let the router process the firmware.
- After this, your Tp link Extender firmware will be updated successfully.
Factory reset Tp link extender
To learn how to reset Tp link extender easily, you need to follow the instructions that are given below. There are two ways through which you can reset Tp Link extender i.e. Reset Tp Link extender using web address and reset Tp Link extender using push/reset button. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
Soft reset Tp Link extender
- Launch a web browser on your computer.
- Go to the tplinkrepeater.net Tp Link login page where you need to provide necessary details of your admin.
- Once you are logged into the system, go to the Maintenance page.
- Look for the ‘reset Tp link extender’ and click on this tab.
- The Tp Link wifi extender will take a few minutes to reset its settings.
Hard factory reset Tp Link extender
- To hard factory reset Tp Link extender easily, look for the push/reset button at the bottom of your device.
- Take a pen or a pencil to press the reset button as it sits a little inside the frame of your Tp Link extender.
- Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds.
- After this, your Tp Link wifi extender will be reset successfully.
Tp Link not connecting to wifi
Is your Tp Link not connecting to wifi? Do not worry! This is not a major issue for which you should get frustrated. It only requires a few troubleshooting steps to resolve the glitch. Here are the instructions to resolve the glitch Tp link not connecting to wifi.
- First of all, you need to ensure that your wifi router is turned ON.
- Your wifi router or DSL or cable modem should not be turned OFF.
- If your Tp Link extender is not connecting to wifi during the setup process, maybe you have entered an incorrect Network Key.
- Make sure you enter the correct Network Key of your wifi router while attempting to set up the Tp Link wifi router.
- Power cycle your modem, wifi router, and Tp Link wifi extender.
- Your Tp Link wifi extender should be in close proximity to the wifi router while trying to connect both devices.
Tp Link reset failed
Did you just see your Tp Link reset failed? In case you are attempting to reset Tp Link extender using the default web address tplinkrepeater.net, you may come across some issues because of a complex process. To reset Tp Link extender without any hassle, reset Tp Link extender using the hard reset process. You can factory reset Tp Link extender using the push/reset button as well. The reset button is generally at the bottom of your Tp Link wifi extender.